Saturday, April 5, 2014

Maja Design April Mood Board Challenge {With Prize}

 
Yippee! It's the weekend and it's time to have some fun! (and maybe win a lovely Maja Design Prize along the way).  Each month Maja Design runs a fun and inspiring Mood Board Challenge. A board filled with colors inspiration, quotes, descriptive words and photos to jump start your creativity. 

 
This is this month's (April) Mood Board. This one has lots of soft sweet Spring colors based on the Maja Collection called 'Vintage Spring Basics' ....
 
 
For my page I included words like, shimmer, fabric, pastels, add texture, twigs, Spring, paint, yellow and stains to inspire the page.  I specifically chose the blues and yellows from the color palette for the layout as well.  (I know I've used the photo on this layout before in a sepia tone but I thought the color's in little Kiera's princess costume went so well with the mood board colors, I thought I'd use it again...I'll probably keep this l/o for my albums).
 
 
I wanted to go with Spring elements for embellishing, like birds nests, butterflies, blooms and twigs/branches.  I used Donna Salazar Distress Ink pads in 'Denim' and 'Honey' to tint the background of my paper and splattered on some random ink dots with Lindy's Stamp Gang 'Steampunk Sepia' spray.  And then did lots of stamping with a whole bunch of different random stamps.  (Butterfly is a Tim Holtz stamp, the flourish is an old Prima stamp from a frame set, the script and chicken wire is a Bo Bunny Stamp ...oh and the stitch stamp is a Prima stamp).

 
I did a little fussy cutting from the April 6th Paper, cutting out the little white floral designs for a delicate embellishment for the page. The barnboard-look paper is from Vintage Summer Basics (1905) The resin piece is from a Recollections pack I got at Michaels.

 
The chipboard of course is Dusty Attic chipboard (Flourish #8).  I painted all my chipboard pieces with gesso first then inked areas with more of the blue and yellow ink pads I mentioned that I used on the background design.  I dabbed a bit of gold Pearlex glistter onto areas of the design befoe I gave the whole thing a coating of Glossy Accents. 
 
 
I used the same combination of inks and gloss medium on the number cluster chippie (Mini Number Planet) under the photo as well.  Other favourite accents I added were some Tim Holtz Film Strips.
 
 
I added a bit of texture with a Prima 12x12 Stencil (Flourish) and some home made texture paste (found in right column of my blog under 'my tutorials'.  And used (yet more) Dusty Attic chipboard pieces (Mini Arch Windows and Brick Wall Panel). I painted the bricks white and inked with yellow chalk ink and edged with brown chalk ink. The tiny roses are also from Dusty Attic called Dusty Roses.
 
Maja Design Products:  Vintage Spring Basics (3rd of March-bs, 6th of April, 6th of May), Vintage Summer Basics (1905)
 
Dusty Attic Products:  Mini Arch Windows, Brick Wall Panel, Flourish #8, Mini Number Planet, Dusty Roses.
 
Would you like to play along this month and try out the Mood Board challenge?  You can find the challenge rules HERE.  The prize is any collection of your choice! 
 
NOTE:  If you missed my post from a few days ago, I just want to let you all know that you also can have a chance at winning another beautiful Maja Design prize pack (Crea Diem Collection...see below) by simply leaving a comment at this blog post (any time during the month of April/2014) MAJA DESIGN GIVE-AWAY
 
 
Happy Scrappin'!


34 comments:

kantig34 said...

Gabi, This is just beautiful! I so look forward to your new layouts because they are always inspiring and full of tiny details that make them tru works of art. I have gotten every kit from Janene's store and told her to reserve anything of yours, sight unseen! I guess I am a Gabi junkie! Hugs, Karin

Becky said...

wow.. This is just gorgeous. So many little gorgeous details.

Rita said...

What a fabulous creative page Gabrielle. It suits the little princess so well, she looks stunning. I love those papers. Will be back for another look. Hugs Rita xxxx

Denise said...

So stunning! I love all the beautiful details!! Amazing work!

Crafty Eileen said...

I love and admire all of your work. This mood board is beautiful, I love the layout, the colours you have used, the number grouping and the background paper.
You definately inspire me and I just love looking at your work.
LOL Eileen U.K.

Zeynep said...

Dear Gabriella,I'm always a big fan of you but this layout...I can't find a word to describe it.You are just wonderful.

Zeynep said...

I can't find a word for this layout.You are just wonderful.

Paula Calvanico said...

Your pages are always so gentle and beautiful. I love just gazing at each and every area taking in all the layers and textures you've added. Then, how seamlessly it all just flows :) Your work just emits a happy vibe <3

Paula

Juliz Design Post said...

Such a stunning scrapbook page with so many lovely little bits too look at. Julie x

Petras Bastelschätze said...

I love all your works, the're so beautyful.
The papers and all the decorations are so great.
Thank you for all that. I hope that you'll have never ending ideas.
Love greetings Petra

Romy said...

Oh wow, it turned out super pretty! I just love the soft and feminine look. You worked magic with this mood board.

Patty O'Malley said...

Ok. Be still my heart! This is my new favorite of your's, Gabi! This is simply breathtaking. Oh my goodness. What a treasure!

Nancy Dynes said...

I always look forward to your lay outs, Gabriella!! This is yet ANOTHER beauty to add to your list. I love it!!
Hugs,
Nancy

mamablitger said...

AMAZING work.... Wow.. All these details. I spent a lot of time just studying all the pretty details. You combine all the elements in the most fabolous way. My gosh... You are such a talented artist !!!! So happy to follow your blog and soak inspiration from your art.
Thanks a lot for sharing !!!!
Hugs from SPAIN

Lizzyc said...

This is so beautiful! Really love each special part of the layout, really love this,

misty said...

You my friend are amazing! This is gorgeous!!! I still haven't gotten my hands on any maja paper, but you and Ingrid make them look irresistable!

Janene said...

Love every last detail - and there's a lot in there. Beautiful!

Shona said...

love all the details......beautiful :)

Unknown said...

The maja designs is a romantic inspired vintage design, high quality and well designed collection with soft color and designs.

Bonnie said...

I really love the delicate fussy cut flowers you 'trailed' from the top torn section - stunning! TFS, Bonnie :-)

Anonymous said...

Amazing and lovely!!
What a delightful mood board you had to draw inspiration from!~
& your neice is so cute!:)
I like how you reflected some warmth
(thru color and texture) into this beautiful Springtime l/o!

Deb said...

What a wonderful giveaway, thank you to you and Maja Designs! I love their wonderful soft palette and vintage charm and if I were on Facebook, I'd definitely like them! Thank you for the opportunity, Deb

Beverley said...

Your number chippies around the photo are so sweet for a little one Gaby. Love your torn edge technique, extending down the page.

Kayly Creations said...

Such beautiful, lovely creations! Thank you for sharing your talent.

m j said...

I love the softness and beauty of the colors and the quality of the products. Always love the outcome of the projects I make. M J

Barbara Patrick said...

Your work is so very beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Barbara Patrick said...

Such beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

Crafty Sandy's Cards said...

Gabrielle, I have to say that you have made me want to try my hand at scrapbooking!!! Something I have only done once (not a success) but now I have learnt so much from you and your blog I am willing (& eager) to give it a try.. here's hoping it will look alright, I might even put it on my blog LOL! Hugs Sandy xx

Crafty Sandy's Cards said...

Oops, forgot to say that i have quite a few Maja Design papers, fell in love with them the first time I saw them, love the texture of the very good quality paper they are lovely to touch and to have a contrasting side is just brilliant! hugs Sandy x

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is such a beautiful page Gabrielle, you always do such amazing work!! Love the colours and there is so much detail and so many wonderful things to discover on this page and yet it is not overloaded at all. Adorable photo, gorgeous background and wonderful design ... an absolutely stunning layout!! ox

Mitzi said...

Gabrielle, I just discovered your blog through a video of yours I watched on YouTube! You are absolutely fantastic! I love your style. I want to learn how to do mixed media, and you are the perfect teacher. I'm going to watch more of your vids. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful talent with the cyber world.

Gabi Burja said...

just love Maja design paper, but unfortunatelly we can't buy them in Slovenia yet.

Gabi Burja said...

I just love Maja design paper, but unfortunatelly we can't buy them in Slovenia yet.
GabyB

Belinda CE said...

This is absolutely awesome and inspiring. Thanks so much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails