Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bo Bunny Mini-Albums...Gotta LOVE them!!

I have to admit, even though I have a number of the gorgeous Bo Bunny mini albums in my stash, this is my first time making up my own album with one! I primarily do 12 x 12 layouts but I finally got around to trying out an album! And let me tell you, not only are these pre-designed albums beautiful to look at even before you begin embellishing it to make it your own....but they are so easy to work with!

I decided to use the Timepiece mini album for my first crack at this. Here is a little behind the scenes as to what is going on at my house at the moment....we are renovating our kitchen, tearing out cabinets and counters, redoing floors..so you can imagine the mess I'm in at the moment. So how can I manage a mini-album in the middle of all this?.....Easy! The pre-printed backgrounds on the Bo Bunny mini albums make it a snap! Seriously! I started yesterday evening around 4:00 PM and was done the whole thing by 11:00 PM! What really helps is to have a few of the coordinating papers and embellishments on hand. Then it's just a little bit of cutting and glueing and you've got yourself a wonderful album! Here is a pic of my 'Family' album with the cover straight on view....
I began by adding the chipborad title to the first layer of the album, then I added some blooms on the transparent clock design that goes on top of the front piece. Here is a photo of the first two pieces...

Then I simply took each page, added a little patterned paper (TIP: Noteworthy is an excellent package of small die-cut papers that beautifully embellishes the album). Here are the pages I made up showing photos of my parents, my husbands parents, my dear husband & myself, and at the end, I did a 'Then & Now' 2 pager of my daughters...







Supplies:


Timepiece mini-album
Patterned Papers: Timepiece: Numbers, Cut-outs, Dot
6x6 Paper Pad; Timepiece
Chipboard: Timepiece, Et Cetera (Title), Enchanted
Jewels: Timepiece
Trinkets: SnowFall,
Stickers: Timepiece
Noteworthy: Timepiece
Other:  Dusty Attic Chipboard (Chicken Wire, Skeleton Clock frames)

I'm a wee bit late posting this project as I did it for the Bo Bunny blog for the 22nd,  my kitchen makeover has me hopping....but it's getting there...the cabinets are now in and the floors are next! :)

29 comments:

Rachael Elliott said...

Gabi this is totally stunning!! Such gorgeous photos too.

Terés said...

WOW!!! Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!!! Love everything about it...

morkaren said...

Flot og særpræget minialbum, dejlige farver og skøn pynt. godt nytår ønsker morkaren.

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

this is absolutely fabulous ! I love this album ! It is gorgeous

Fennec said...

Fabulous work! I love every detail!

cvanholstein said...

Amazing cool!!
kind regards, Corina

sixofone aka Leah said...

Brilliant. So much to look at

Raquel Leal said...

MARAVILHOSO!!!! Beijocas.

Anastasia said...

Amazing. Many detail. I love it!!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful album, Gabi! I'm always a bit intimidated by them. Your's is so lovely. How exciting to have a new kitchen--sounds like it's getting close to being finished.

Cindy Gay said...

The subject(s) are what makes the album even more special. Priceless!

Stay True To God said...

Awesome mini album Gabi!! And beautiful family pics... I think Chloe resembles Mary. I just love your work... please keep 'em coming!!! :) So sorry for the huge mess your renovation must be in... but just imagine... soon you'll be cooking in your brand new kitchen... ahhhhh!!! :) hugz... Tracy

Romy said...

Wow, this mini album is totally stunning! Such a gorgeous way to showcase photos of your family members! Good luck on the kitchen renovations!;)

unni's scrappeboble said...

FYYYYYYY FLATE, denne var skikkelig lekkker :))

busymartha said...

Whats not to love about this mini? So gorgeous! You have some cute daughters, very photogenic! Cheers, Marilyn

A Country Twinkle said...

Beautiful album

PANDORA ARTé said...

Hi….
Your blog is superrrrr
and
Merry Christmas !!!
Greetings from TURKEY :)
visit http://pandoraarte.blogspot.com

Patricia SPI said...

Encore une petite merveille ! un grand bravo à vous et votre talent !

Maureen Reiss said...

Wow!!! This is really beautiful!!

Crafty Loops said...

This mini is absolutely stunning Gabrielle. But then I wouldnt expect anything less, you always blow me away with everything you make. Lee xx

Isa said...

It´s simply precious !!

Cindy said...

Fantastic mini Gabrielle!!! Every single page is spectacular, and I love the gorgeous warm tones!!! Stunning work!

ingrid said...

love every little detail of this gorgeous mini album!!
beautiful work..as always!!
xxx

Brenda said...

wow I really really loveee this...I been eyeing that mini you sis an amazing job with it!!! everything "fits" just perfect!!!
hugs
Brenda

Ann Marie said...

Beautiful as always. You are very talented at this. I love doing minis. Hope you holidays were everything you hoped for. All the best to you and your family in the New Year.

Lynnise Bowman said...

Haven't stopped by in a while, I jumped over here from Eila's blog, Your work is just gorgeous, that timepiece album is nothing short of amazing, Hope you had a wonderful New Year!
Lynnise

CaninosArtisticCafe said...

This mini album is adorable, I did see it on the Bo Bunny Blog. For someone who doesn't do minis this is pretty outstanding :)

Judy said...

Love your web blog-you are so inspiring and your work is amazing.Love all the tutorials you put up-especially making flowers.

Deanna Tubb said...

I'm still pretty new at this wonderful paper crafting & learn so much by visiting (or should I say "studying" your blog)! I like to pick certain elements from different pages to try & then make it my own. Like the way you added the pearl strand to the chandelier. I LOVE the attention to detail in all of your creations. Thank you for your generous nature & sharing your art!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails